††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††† AJAX ONE DESIGN CLASS ASSOCIATION
MINUTES OF THE 36TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE ASSOCIATION HELD AT St MAWES YACHT CLUB
SATURDAY 20 JULY 2002 AT 19.30.
1. Apologies had been received from David Newton, Ewan Stamp, John Williams and Ken Stowe
2. Minutes. The Minutes of the previous AGM held at RHYC Saturday 16th 2001 June were approved and signed. Proposed Tony James, seconded Doug Sharps
3. Matters arising. There were no matters arising from the Minutes.
4. Chairmanís Report. This had been circulated to all members. There were no questions.
5. Treasurerís Report & Accounts. The Accounts had been circulated with the Chairmanís Report. There was now a healthy balance of £1114.77.
Some discussion took place about using some of the money to provide a spare rudder and mast. A universal rudder was questioned. There is a spare mast available.
The Accounts were formally approved. Proposed Michael Beamon, seconded Roger Boyle
6. Election of Officers & Committee. †The following were re-elected for the ensuing year: -
††††††††††††††† Chairman††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††† John Williams ††††††††††††††† East Coast
††††††††††††††† Vice Chairman††††††††††††††† David Liddington††††††††††††††† South West
††††††††††††††† Hon. Secretary†††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††† Peter Wright†† ††††††††††††††† East Coast
††††††††††††††† Hon Treasurer†††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††† David Liddington††††††††††††††† South West
††††††††††††††† Committee††††††††††† ††††††††††††††† Tony James††††
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††† Frank Norman† †††††††††† East Coast†††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††† David Mayne††
Cedric Thomas††††††††††††††† South West
†††††††††† Hon Auditor† †††††††† †††Anthony West†††† ††††††††††††††† South West
7. 2003 Championships. These would be held by RHYC in Dovercourt Bay at a date to decided by the West to fit in with their programme.
8. Rule Changes
After last yearís AGM the Measurement Committee had reconsidered the rules relating to the spreaders. David Kerridge questioned the figures 90 degrees and 200 mm. †There was some discussion but Doug Sharps pointed out that this was old ground and the committeeís proposals should be upheld. No counter proposal was made. The motion was carried(13 for 6 against).
8. Any other business.
Tony James asked on John Williamsís behalf what the fleet was doing about the use of Tacktic. They are used in the Ajax fleet on some boats.
David Liddington explained that some instruments did give an electronic read-out indicating any wind shift. This appeared to be illegal according to rule 17.1.11
Members should be reminded that the only Tacktic device that could be used must be that type that acts only like a compass.
There being no other business, the meeting closed at 20.10